March 4, 2011

Chicken zipper bag? What? :)

I am so excited to have just completed my first zippered pouch! I used this tutorial from Noodlehead here . **Please note however, you need to leave the zipper open when you are sewing the bag shut all around - its a big pain in the butt to get the zipper back open, I am speaking from recent experience lol. 

Without further ado, I present you to ... (dramatic pause for effect, haha) THE CHICKEN BAG!!!


I tried my hand at some rounded sewing and quilted along the eggs... didn't turn out too shabby for my first attempt. I love that I happened to have fabric to match the polka-dot chickens for the liner, so much better than a plain color for sure!


I do have to admit that being my first time ever sewing a zipper into anything, I wasn't quite sure how close to get, so my zipper does stick a little due to the inside fabric being a tiny bit too close. But hey, for my 1st try, I say this chick rocks :-D

No comments: