March 23, 2011

Dr. Seuss Quilt Layout

I have found another wonderful use of Microsoft products in quilt designing, muahaha :)

Using images of the fabrics I bought for this project, I layed them out in the order I wanted and took a screen shot to be able to share it with you - genius ;-) haha. I've never done a simple block by block quilt and I think this one is so busy, it doesnt need a busier pattern. What do you think?
I'm thinking a thin white border around it and bright red or yellow binding to finish it off.




I also have this fabric which will be the center of the back with some bright color around it - probably one or both of the blues:



I don't have any children but I LOVE Dr. Seuss and could not pass up on my own Seuss blanket. One day when I have kids I may be nice enough to let them use it... we shall see haha.

No comments: