March 5, 2011

An Early Fall Evening

Last summer when I started quilting I bought a few charm packs of Saltbox Harvest from Moda - as I had decided early on that pre-cuts were basically fantastic (still do love them!). Using a basic 9 patch tutorial I made 12 blocks for a fun Fall blanket for Lukas and I. On our first trip up to Lancaster, PA to go to the local fabric shops, I bought some beautiful brown/gold fabric for sashing ... and then packed up the pieces and new fabric, and forgot about it for months and months :) Im easily distracted... hence why I have so many projects going on at once and so very few get 100% completed, haha.

Regardless of my lack of follow through, I was sorting out my fabric and scraps today and found the pieces and decided to go for it. After a few hours of work this evening I was rewarded with a beautiful Fall quilt top. Still have about half a year to get it quilted and finished, so maybe there is hope yet :-D



The pictures do not do this blanket justice, especially the sashing. It is a beautiful orange gold background with a darker brown/orange polka dot pattern... so pretty! I will try to take some better pictures in the light once I get the quilt completely done... whenever that happens to be, hehe.

No comments: