June 5, 2011

Kaleidescope Quilt Along

I definitely have WAY too many WIPs right now, and my "top secrect project" is coming along well but I only have 3 more weeks to get that beast finished, yikes! However.... I've decided to participate in this new quilt along :)



She just released the details for fabric requirements on Friday - I need about 20 FQs for a large lap quilt which will measure 60" x 72" when completed. Fortunately the cutting instructions don't come out until the 23rd, so I have time to pick out my fabrics!

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I was thinking of using my full fat quarter collection of Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2


The only print I don't have of this collection is the black birds, and I don't like the black damask print with the rest of the grey/yellow colorway so I'll be leaving that out too. That gives me 22 FQ's so I'll have to decide who will be left out if I do decide to go with this bundle. Its SO pretty and will be really hard for me to cut into it haha but hopefully I can convince myself to do it, or find something else in my stash I'd be willing to cut up for this project :)

Either way... stay tuned for progress updates as this starts later on in the month! And if you have time and the desire, join in the fun!

3 comments:

Bree said...

That's going to be so pretty if you use the Aviary! I was picking through my stash last night trying to decide what I'm going to use for mine, but I can't pick! Like you said, at least I've got some time to make a decision.

Impera Magna said...

Y'all gotta stop tempting me to do this QAL... *lol*

Love your Joel Dewberry fabrics...they'll be perfect!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I have a hard time cutting into beautiful fabric too. It is 'sew' hard sometimes, LOL!
~Kimberlee