June 22, 2011

WIP Wednesday - QAL Progress Report

I've gotten myself a little in over my head on the QAL's and other projects this summer but hopefully I will be able to keep up. Most of them have started off slowly this month or are more of a "at your own speed" type of thing - aka the Farmer's Wife QAL - so I should be able to get them all completed on scheduled, where schedules exist.

Here is a quick run-down of my projects and at least my fabric choices since that is the stage I am at with most of these :)

1. Kaleidescope QAL:
Fabric Choice: Rainy Days and Mondays - with Moda Basics Gray as my solid
Progress: All fabric purchased, cutting instructions are released tomorrow


2. We Can Do It! - Skill Builder Sampler:
Fabric Choice: Ta Dot - Michael Miller - around 22 prints, plus white as needed

Progress:
Block 1 Completed:



3. Embroidery 101 - Stitch & QAL:
Fabric Choice: Deciding between Miss Modd and Just Wing It!

Progress: Embroidery for block 1 released - I still need to pick my fabric, make the block, and start stitching! :)

4. A Zig & A Zag QAL:
Fabric Choice: QAL Leader made bundle + Kona Coal/Charcoal/White as the background color - still deciding

Progress: Need to choose a solid, cutting requirements already released

5. Rainbow Charm Swap:
Finally got my charms cut last night - mailing off tonight - deadline is this Saturday the 25th so I should be fine
I will be receiving 56 5" charm squares back - 2 of my own and 27 others in 7 various colors - 2 of each print

6. Garden  Fence Quilt:
Fabric Choice: Aviary 2 - Saffron + Kona Cotton & Linen Solids

Progress: Drooling over the pretty fabric - will start cutting after 4th of July weekend

7. Farmer's Wife QAL:
Fabric Choice: Maybe fat 1/8th bundle of Just Wing It? - Will decide for sure after the 4th of July weekend and get started then


Progress: Enjoying browsing the book and contemplating my fabric choices :) I will be making the 55 block smaller version of this sampler

8. Gift Exchange
I have until 1 week from today make and mail a lovely gift for my partner - not 100% sure yet what it will be but I have some cute ideas

Also working on my "ginormous secret project" which is soooooo close to being completed! I should be done by Friday night if all goes well and will be able to share pics over 4th of July weekend - stay tuned :)

Happy WIP Wednesday - Don't let your WIPs become UFOs! :)

Linking up with:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

19 comments:

Impera Magna said...

My stars! You do have a lot of irons in the fire! I'm looking forward to the Kaleidoscope QAL start tomorrow and love the fabrics you've selected!

Bree said...

Ummm...holy cow, girl! I didn't realized you had so much going on, but when you list it all out together, it's huge! Where do you find the time?! ;) Can't wait to see progress on everything you're working on. I'd be worried in my current state of mind that I'd start mixing up the fabrics & end up with some umbrellas in my polka dots quilt. :)

Melinda said...

I love that Miss Modd for Embroidery 101! I will say, once you get your blocks done for that it's fairly easy. You just pull one out to embroider when they post a new pattern. You are one busy chick! Good luck!

Cindy said...

This may be the most beautiful collection of fabric I have ever seen! They're so lovely :)

noga quilts said...

Wow! You have so many projects! Your fabric choices for the QALs is amazing, good luck with all of them!

Kelly Irene said...

It's so hard to say no to the quilt alongs; I totally understand why you are doing those! I like your fabric choices for each one, but my favorites are the Rainy Days and Zig Zag bundles. I'm looking forward to seeing some blocks come together for you :)

Susan said...

Great post idea about an update on your QAL's. Great fabric choices for all. :)

Melissa said...

Wow, you are a busy bee. I just found you over on The Intrepid Thread's site. Thanks so much for your tip about loading pictures, I am now following you! Good luck on all your QALs, I have limited myself to 2 and I am only keeping up with 1 so far - bad quilter :)

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness - I love your taste in fabrics! I hadn't seen 'Rainy Days' - fun! And I adore the Ta Dots! The ziq & a zag is awesome! Alot of cool projects you are working on!

Lindsay said...

and i thought i had a lot on my mind/hands. i love your projects. can't wait to see how they all turn out. and, i might have to join one or two of these; much to the dismay of my hubby! haha.

Amy said...

Wow you have alot of WIPS going... I really like all the fabrics for them.

Kimberlee said...

I am loving all your different fabric choices, yummy!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

Oh my goodness! You are SO busy! I can't wait to see how all of your quilts/projects turn out!
<3 Amanda @ acraftyfox

Katie B said...

Wow! Your fabric choices are awesome. Love the Rainy Days for the kaleidoscope QAL. And all of those ta-dots for the skill builder! That's going to be so fun.

Anonymous said...

Yum...all your fabric bundles look wonderful!

Jenniffier said...

oh my gosh what lovely stacks of fabric. Looks like you have a lot of fun projects going on.

Leanne said...

Thanks for all the inspiring fabric combinations! I have to pick some myself and those dots especially are giving me ideas.

**nicke... said...

wow wow wow! you are going to be one busy fox! i love the fabrics you have chosen!

Angela said...

yay! I'm glad that you are sucked into my QAL! If it makes you feel any better, I have a TON of other quilts to do as well!