December 20, 2011

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas...

This song has been stuck in my head for days on end... ahhhhhh! Want to know why? Because I DID get a Hippopotamus for Christmast haha!

Be careful... he is one cranky Hippo! Meet my new puppet pal - "Slim"

Scariest Christmas present ever :)


Freaky right? Best Christmas present opening ever haha.
Here is a less scary picture:

I got a hippopotamus for Christmas...

My good friend knows how much I love puppets, espec. because she was subjected to the "Tiffany can give life to any puppet imaginable" show one day while we were out shopping - embarassing to say the least but I just can't hold it in lol. Soooo in honor of my insanity, she got me this cute little fella for Christmas - yay! I always wanted a Hippo for Christmas and now I have one :)

If you were looking for something crafty on this blog, I won't disappoint you today with just picture of Slim and I ;-)

Do you own the book Scandinavian Stitches? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it - it is one of my favorite craft books by far! I have not made time to work on the projects from this book but after seeing cute little houses popping up all over bloggyland, I decided to give one a try for a friend from church:

Christmas House - Scandinavian Stitches

It's not perfect but I think it is a pretty good first try. These little things are so easy to make and addicting... I have a feeling I will have a whole village once I get back from vacation, hehe.

I have tons of Christmas projects to finish up but unfortunately I have a bad headcold and all I want to do is sleep. Between that lameness and cleaning and packing for Germany, I have a feeling no more crafting will be happening until I return. O well... tis the season for sneezing and sniffling and I know my family and friends will still love me even if their gifts are a little late.

Wishing you all a very very Merry Christmahanukwanzaaka and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i hope you get better soon! also, i LOVE your little house. i've been looking for a christmassy house ornament this year in celebration of our new house, but couldn't find one to buy. but why buy when you can make, right? i'm inspired by your cute scandinavian house to make one of my own... have a great time in Germany! I'm so jealous!! :D Merry Christmas!