January 2, 2012

Hello 2012 - here is what I expect from you :)

Hello 2012!!!!!

What is so exciting about 2012 you ask? Well... I am not yet sure but I guess I have 12 months to find out! HOWEVER, I do expect great things in the way of actually FINISHING projects this year. Shocking, I know, but I do believe it CAN and WILL be done!

I was thinking of logging all my goals for the year or breaking it down by quarters, but to be honest I have SOOOOOO many WIPs and UFOs waiting for me, it would take up a lot of time to find and log them all, and that is precious time in which I could be crafting!

So, I think I will list out some goals for the month at the beginning of each month, and see how I do:

1. Big goal - finish WIP #1 - Soiree Stripe Quilt Top:


I am not 100% sure but I do believe this quilt top may have been finished in 2010 and basted in 2011, ridiculous, I know! This was the first quilt top I made for myself, after make a few for friends and family when I started sewing Summer 2010 and I REALLY want to snuggle this lovely beast!

So... Soiree - you have a date with the sewing machine this month and you WILL be quilted by the end of the month and finished by Valentine's Day at the latest - I promise you :)

2.
3 x 6 and 4 x 5 Bees for Q4 2011 - 2 blocks down, 9 to go - must be done by Jan. 15th - yikes!


I have fabric set aside for a few others, hoping to get to at least one today. I have never missed a deadline on any of my bees or swaps yet and I refuse to let my 2012 start in the negative. I will I will I WILL get the other 9 blocks completed and all mailed on time!

3. Christmas presents for my mom! - This should probably be #1 but I am too lazy to move it haha
We spent Christmas in Germany visiting my in-laws and a week there visiting my husband's family and friends. My mom was super busy at the end of  December finishing up her Master's in Nursing (yay - she is awesome!) so we decided to have our Christmas celebration this Saturday - Jan. 7th.

We got back from Germany yesterday evening and have been doing a lot of chilling since then BUT I was able to finish 2 of my mom's Christmas presents today so I am feeling rather accomplished. There is an awesome purse I am trying to make her but I've had so many troubles finding the right interfacing, I am not sure it will get done on time. 2 out of 3 isn't bad tho and I might see if I can make a few little things to go along with the ones I already have done.

So I guess goal #3 is get that crazy dome purse for my mom finished by the end of the month - by Jan. 14th for our Mother/Daughter craft weekend if possible.

And as that is already a lot ... I will leave my January goals be and go back to sewing!

Happy January everyone, I hope you have a great start to the year!

No comments: