February 24, 2012

Fabric Diet & what I'll be dreaming about until Summer...

Ok people - this is it - my "fabric pants" have gotten WAY too tight and I need to go on a diet!
8 weeks - no fabric purchases whatsoever!
Middle of April I am allowed to take a small "snack" and buy some of Lizzy House's Guising (Below) and the foxes from Aneela Hoey's "A Walk in the Woods" - and then it is back on the diet for another 4 weeks - ouch!


Guising!
Guising - Lizzy House - Arrives in April


Then when my diet is over, I am totally getting some of this and making a fabulous Winter quilt!


Brrr! Inspiration - I need this fabric line! :)
Brrr! - Laurie Wisbrun - Arrives in June
I will admit that I already pre-ordered and paid for Flea Market Fancy (just a few prints I liked) - so at least that won't be tempting me during my diet. There are a few other fabrics coming out in May/June/July from Moda that I have my eye on but the sweet-treats will still be there when I get off my diet and if not - it was not meant to be. 

Can I do it? I sure hope so! Need to curb this addiction NOW lol. My fabric budget is way overdrawn and drastic times call for drastic measures!

So here is to no shopping and as much sewing as I can fit in around school and work! Wish me luck!

(ps. yes, I do realize how pathetic I am that I have to write this post but I am hoping it will keep me accountable and make me stick to it :) - don't judge me - you know we are all fabric hoarders ;-))

4 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

You can do it! I believe in you! What if every time you bought fabric, out of what you mentioned above, you have to make me something! Heehee. :D maybe that extra incentive will help. Lol.

Diane Bohn said...

Oh, and I could do the same for you, just to make it fair. So basically you know you'll be getting something from me. I might well send something right now. Lol. :)

Elizabeth said...

:) you are only just beginning in your fabric collection... my mother-in-law is a quilter and you should see how much fabric she has sitting around. she's definitely got her "year's supply". But I totally admire you for spreading out your purchases- - moderation is what we all need!

Anonymous said...

My hat's off to you. :)
I know you can do it. I too spent way too much on the fabrics and I think I also need a fabric diet pretty bad..especially when I summed up how much I spent in the last month.
Good luck on your fabric diet! :D