February 29, 2012

Stuck in a rut...

Aside from the fact that I no longer have any time to craft other than Sunday evenings, I am completely stuck in a rut with this mini quilt! I have 2 weeks to finish it - which means 2 more Sundays - but I just can't decide how I want to quilt it which is making me avoid it. I did cut my batting and backing - just need to pin baste them together. Any thoughts on quilting? Always happy for inspiration and suggestions!!


FTLOS Finished Top - Blue and Kona Medium Grey
Still haven't taken a new picture lol - again, GREY not SALMON :)
In other news, I did get a "quilting consultation" set up for next Saturday!! I am soooo giddy with excitement about this! Pinkie is finally going to get quilted and hopefully by the beginning of April I will have her back to bind and SNUGGLE! This is the first quilt I made for myself and it has been waiting since Fall 2010 for me to finish it - finally just decided to take her to a local longarm quilter and see what I think about that whole process. She had some great ideas for quilting designs and her prices are great - I also follow her blog and am expecting absolutely good things out of this first time working together :)

A little nervous that my backing and batting are not going to be 2 inches on each side when I "square them up" this weekend and honestly I have no idea how I am going to square up this beast of a quilt on my tiny dining room table. You see that Mini quilt in the first picture? Yep... it is taking up the whole table lol.

O! And I think I forgot to share this news - I totally won another honey bun of that Soiree fabric from my quilt above - so awesome! This has been out of print for almost 2 years I think and I just happened to find a giveaway on Lila Tueller's blog and I WON! YAY! The lovely honey bun came along with a cute purse pattern - definitely making a matching pillow for this quilt :)



Not much progress on anything this week but I've been thinking a lot about quilting... it is the thought that counts after all, right?? :)

ps. 1 week and still going strong with my fabric diet... 7 more until I can take that little "snack break" - ok seriously I'm not going strong, I am going INSANE and it is very frustrating with all of these darn "Leap Year" sales going on haha but for now, I'm abstaining ;-)

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced - go check out all of the other awesome creations from this week: WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



4 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is 'sew' neat you won some more fabric! I like your blocks. Fun fabrics. I can see where that may be a problem if that is the size of your table in the first photo. Good luck!
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

Norine @ Five Baht Elephant said...

hhhmmm, stitch in the ditch maybe? Straight lines? I'm not sure - I love the piecing of the mini quilt though.

Leanne said...

I think that you will make the right decision on quilting and so these are just some ideas to maybe help you consider. The quilt is so bold and linear that you could emphasize that with a lot of really close together lines following the lines of the design, maybe in different colours of thread. Also, it may be fun to put pebbles or some kind of swirls in the pink - or are those a grey? - parts and lines in the rest.

Kelly said...

I love that quilt block on top of this post! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/
-------
Keep rocking, from one quilting Crafty Fox to another,
Kelly Fox