February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday Update

YAY for Wednesday - just 2 more days til the weekend, woo hoo! Basically I start counting down til the weekend as soon as I wake up on Monday morning. It is sad that I only enjoy 2 days out of my week... I really need to quit my day job and just stay at home and craft ;-)

ANYWAY... enough of that... and on to the projects!

I finished my Pillow Talk Swap 7 pillow yesterday and I must say, I LOVE it! It is really enjoying its friends on my couch and it will be so hard to part with it. Hubby asked if I could just make a different one "real quick" for my partner and keep this one haha. ... sorry Hubs, can't keep EVERYTHING I make or our couch will be over flowing with pillows and we will have to sit on the floor with the dog :)

Pillow Talk Swap 7

Finished Pillow Talk Swap 7 Cover

Not sure what goodies I will send along with this lovely pillow cover but I am sure I will think of something in the next 2.5 weeks :)

Next up is my For the Love of Solids Swap mini-quilt.

First of all tho, let me just set the record straight because there has been A LOT of confusion on flikr - this is made with Kona light grey - not salmon as most people assumed. Why the heck would I do 3 shades of grey and then salmon pink? haha And my table is not orange - it is light wood - apparently I need to take a new picture... will work on that :)

I do need to figure out how I am quilting this big lady... thinking some type of straight line quilting because I suck at free motion.

FTLOS Finished Top - Blue and Kona Medium Grey

My translation classes started yesterday so on top of school, working full-time, and the ten million other obligations I have... hopefully I will find time to get this finished and off to its new home on time! 2.5 weeks til this needs sent out as well - yikes!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday and enjoying all of the projects over at Freshly Pieced:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Your pillows are gorgeous I can see why your husband wanted to keep them!

Patti said...

Love your pillows...your precision piecing is fantastic!
Had to laugh about the grey! Sometimes white balance is not our friend!

Heidi Staples said...

Wow...your pillows are incredible. Such an amazing job!!

Susan said...

I agree with the others - your pillows are amazing! Wonderful job. Good luck with your classes and working full time, etc. Hope you get the time to craft to balance out all the other things you have to do. :)

Katie said...

Gorgeous cushion colours!

The Thompsons said...

So beautiful! The colors are so vivid and alive.

Kirsten said...

Love your pillows - such beautiful colours!!

Lynette said...

They look fantastic! Love your modern-fabs log cabin between the two more organic ones - great balance.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful pillows, love the colors!
Quilting by the River

Rebecca said...

Those pillows look fantastic, and I really like your solids creation! Nice work!

Millie Motts said...

Did you already ship them out or should I come and visit Winston? Hmmmm???