March 28, 2012

Liebster Blog Award & Quilt Updates

Jill from Just Jill  awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award. You should check out Jill's blog - she has lots of super cute projects on there! Thanks for nominating me Jill and for passing on my blog information to your readers!

What is the Liebster Blog Award you ask?

The Liebster award (German for favorite) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less. As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs.

I think this is a great way for those of us with a smaller following to pass on word about eachother and share some really great blogs with our dear readers which they might not have run into otherwise!

I started blogging in May of 2010 when I got my first sewing machine as a MA graduation present from my mom. Best present ever - it just keeps on giving and giving and giving :) I figured if I was going to dive into the wonderful world of quilting and sewing, I might as well document my adventures for myself and anyone else who is interested. I have learned SO much from tutorials on other people's blogs and have been introduced to so many great ideas through blogs. I hope I can pass on a tiny bit of inspiration and ideas to my readers as well.

I also REALLY love "meeting" new people through blogs. Here are a few of my favorite bloggers who I think you should check out when you have the time. Not only are these ladies super talented, they are really nice too and worth getting to know :) (They might have a little more than 200 followers but I'm stretching "the rules"  ;-))

Diane at From Blank Pages
Lindsay at Purely Handmade
Nicke at Kiss Kiss Quilt
Impera Magna
Craft Couture by T.C.

According to "the rules" - this is what these bloggers are supposed to do:
Liebster Conventions:
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her.

2. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized.
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!  

Do I care if they do any of these things? No, not at all - I just wanted a reason to share their blogs with you and this was a good one :) 
... just to be a sneaky-sneak I'm also not going to tell them I nominated them. They need to read this post to find out ;-) We comment on eachother's blogs enough, I have faith they will find this post eventually lol.

In other news... Sugar Pop is back home!! I picked her up on Saturday and o buddy does she look AWESOME with her new quilting. Michelle did a fantastic job! I was able to get half the binding sewn on over the weekend but haven't had much time yet this week to finish it up. Hopefully by this weekend I'll get done and have some pictures to share... you're just going to have to wait until then, homework calls to me a little louder than crafting these days :-p

I was also able to get my pink stripey quilt prepped and ready for Michelle by Saturday as well so in a few weeks I will have that lovely beast to share with you too - she ended up being 72 x 88, perfect for a spring/summer quilt on our queen sized bed.

*sigh* I love quilts and I am SO happy to finally have one of my own to snuggle on the couch and will soon have one on my bed, yay! Also nice to have something to show people - when they find out I am a quilter they want to see what I've made but other than softies and pillow covers, I've given everything away! lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week - thank goodness it is Wednesday... only a few more days until the weekend which for me means sleeping in and crafting! :)

2 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

THANKS! :) this morning when I read this I was like, I want an award. And then I was bummed because I have too many followers. And then I cheered! Lol. You're awesome!!! ;)

P.s. I'll write you back when i'm not writing on my phone... :)

**nicke... said...

you are a sneaky sneak and i have been so behind in my blog reading that i am just now finding it! thanks so much tiff! you are the sweetest!