March 31, 2012

Miracle of miracles.... I'm going to Sewing Summit 2012!!!!!!!!!!

So funny how life works out sometimes! A little story to share...

After obsessing a whole day about Sewing Summit 2012 last week (aka my blogpost) and resigning myself to the fact that I'll just have to go in 2013, I decided to tease my hubby a little. We are planning an anniversary trip in Sept. for our 5 year anniv. and I asked him if he'd like to go to Utah for a week instead of something else. We could go for the LDS General Conference, have Mon/Tues/Wed together to hike and explore, and then I could go to Sewing Summit and the ticket to the conference could be a belated bday present for my 29th bday in July. He totally agreed that we could check it out and that it would be fun because he has old mission companions, family friends, etc. there to visit while I am busy!! Best husband EVER!

I don't think that plan will work out because it looks like it will be too expensive for us with 2 tickets, hotels, flights, food, etc. BUT we did decide that if I save up my personal money (aka fabric money, let's be honest... I don't but anything else lol) for the next 8 months enough to pay for my plane ticket, then the rest will be my birthday present. O man o man o man I am so excited, it is definitely worth a huge fabric diet to get to go to the awesome conference! So people - Tuesday at 11am EST I will be buying my ticket and hoping to be one of the first 50 people so I get a little discount. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!

So now that I am definitely going, I MUST know - who else is going because I can't wait to meet you ALL in real life!! A couple blogging/emailing buddies are MAYBE going and I am super excited about that because then it won't be so scary not knowing anyone for real. So tell me... who is thinking about it? :)

I've been blog-stalking some of the teachers and I am SO excited about some of the proposed class offerings! English paper piecing, advanced bag making, fabric design, color theory, frame clutch construction ... just to name a few - so awesome!! *Sigh* happy happy kid :)

5 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh how exciting for you! Woooo hoooo!

Anonymous said...

You already know that I'm coming :)
Life is good to us !

Elizabeth said...

That will be such a fun trip for you! We will have to go to dinner or something while you are here!

Lindsay said...

lucky! exciting! i'm still trying to decide if i can get there. i'd only need to buy the conference ticket since i have family to stay with down there... tempting! i hope you get to be one of the first 50! :)

**nicke... said...

i'm not sure about summitt now tiff... i am going to atlanta in june with a bunch of sewing friends and don't know if i can convince my husband to let me do both. we will see though