September 9, 2012

The White Stripes sings an ode to Mrs. Stitches...

I just don't know what to do with myself
I don't know what to do with myself
Planning everything for two
Doing everything with you
And now that we're through
I just don't know what to do

I just don't know what to do with myself
I don't know what to do with myself
Movies only make me sad
Parties make me feel as bad
'cause I'm not with you
I just don't know what to do

Yes Mrs. Stitches... you are so very missed! That is what has been going through my head all weekend! Ok... well the above could be sung to my hubby as well because he has been in California visiting his brother's family for 4 days and that is the longest we've been away from each other since we've been married (yes, I cried a few times!)... but the loneliness is way worse not having my sewing machine to keep me company and distracted!

I spent hours upon hours this weekend looking at and researching sewing machines online. I really just wish mine would have held out a few more years... I was happy with her and was not ready to give her up yet :( She is sitting in her case and it makes me so sad to know she can't come out to play! Weird... I know... it is an inanimate object but we've been through so much together! 

I have a few machines I want to check out in person soon but I definitely won't be getting a new machine for a few months - if even then. *sigh* Soooooooooooooo, while I sit here and sadly sing songs to my dead machine, please think of me while you are having crafty fun and know I wish I was too and could share it with all of you! I'll be back eventually... at least in October I'll have posts and pictures of Sewing Summit to share! Until then adieu and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Aw, I hope Mrs. Stitches gets well soon! Is there any way she can be saved? I'm hoping mine keeps on chugging along too. It has been with me since the mid 90's. Whoa. That makes me feel old! Hope you're lots less lonely very soon! xo

Cherie said...

Oh gosh that is so sad! Was there nothing that could be done for her?
Maybe now you can work on some EPP projects? =D