December 26, 2012

Lucky Stars Paperpieced BoM Club/QAL!


I was lucky enough to take a foundation paper piecing class with Don’t Call me Betsy (Elizabeth) and Lee at Sewing Summit this year and it was by far one of my favorite classes. As soon as I saw Elizabeth advertising this paper pieced Block of the Month club, I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon! In class we made a foundation paper pieced star block that made me realize paper piecing isn’t as scary as it looks and it was so pretty and fun, so I'm super excited to try some more!


luckystarsbuttonwhite




Until January 5th it is only $10 for the club for the year and you get a practice block as well as instructions and templates for a block each month – which I think is a great deal! On top of that, you get a fun group to learn with as well as a great instructor for questions and troubleshooting – I definitely need that haha. This was a little extra Christmas present from me to me and I’m super glad I signed up :)  Click on the picture above to go to her blog page with more information.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dontcallmebetsy/8300612079/in/pool-1732490@N25
Above is a link to the practice block she sent out today. It is so pretty and looks so scary - I'm excited to get started on it and conquer my fears lol! Each pattern comes with a 6” and 12” template which is awesome – check out her blog post for ideas on what to do with the smaller ones, love her little zipper bags with paper pieced blocks on them! I’m not sure which option I will do for the QAL/BoM club… probably 12” because I want to make a sampler quilt in the end if I’m going to spend all this time and fabric making so many paper pieced blocks.

So stay tuned as I figure out fabric choices and try out these blocks each month - and I look forward to seeing the progress of everyone else who is participating too!

(I am in no way affilitated with "Don't call me Betsy" nor was I asked to write this blog post. I'm just excited about a QAL from one of my favorite Sewing Summit teachers and wanted to share with my friends :))

No comments: