March 18, 2013

Aeroplane Bag ~ A Sew Sweetness Pattern

Sara of Sew Sweetness just released her newest pattern ~ the Aeroplane Bag ~ check out her blog post for more information!

This big beautiful bag comes in a regular and long version, I chose to make the regular version. The pattern calls for By Annie's Soft & Stable for the top panel to add padding and shape, along will Peltex for the bottom panel to add more stability. This was my first time using Peltex and I have to say, I am a fan ~ it certainly gives a nice solid base to this bag that holds its shape well.

As soon as I saw this pattern I knew this was a bag I was going to want to keep so I pulled out my hoarded Melody Miller fabric and went to town making a patchwork panel for the front and back. I have to say all in all I am pretty pleased with my work and am super excited to have a unique travel bag to use next time I have to carry around sewing supplies or go on a short trip.




If you are looking for a supply/over night bag that is large, functional, with easy to follow instructions that are achievable for an intermediate sewer, I highly recommend you check out this wonderful pattern by Sara!

No comments: